One of the many questions I get asked is if lifting weights will make you bulky? Women can especially worry about this issue.The answer to this is NO, lifting weights will in no way make you gain any weight or look bulky. Eating more than your body requires is what will make you gain weight.
In fact if your looking to lose weight and drop body fat and your body is in a calorie deficit and you introduce weights to your exercise routine you will see and notice so many benefits. These include:
- An increase in your metabolism ,
- Losing body fat which can result in dropping dress sizes.
- Adds muscle mass to areas that you might have been lacking before such as back, butt , thighs, back of arms etc.. giving you an overall toned and fit appearance.
- Other benefits of weight training may include decreasing the risk of osteoporosis,
- Improvement in your posture.
- Enhances your mood and reduces stress.
Now that I have given you most of the benefits of training you may now be wondering how do you even begin a weight training routine. If your a member of a local gym don't be scared to ask one of the trainers around for advice on how to get started and show you the correct form needed for the various weights being used in the gym, be it machine or free weights. However if you prefer to workout at home you can buy weights but ensure that you start off with lighter weights to begin. You can Youtube weight training beginner videos which is a great help in showing you form, how may reps to do etc... But be very careful of your posture and make sure that if you have any health issues or injuries that you check with your GP to give you the all clear before you start a new exercise routine.
At Pixie Fitness we offer a very high standard at home food and training plan. Please see our packages section on website for detail. All plans come with video tutorials for all exercises and we answer all your questions in our private Facebook group. Some of the results of ladies who are lifting weights and dropping dress sizes.